We at Scheme Events are looking for an assistant who is just as passionate about weddings and has a desire to learn more about the industry.
We are seeking a charismatic, creative and dedicated assistant to help Scheme with vendor and venue research, creation of event proposals and production schedules, day of coordination and other wedding related tasks. The applicant must demonstrate attention to detail while maintaining perspective. Must display a positive attitude, excellent time management skills, and team player approach. A strong understanding of the wedding and event industry is preferred. This is a paid part-time position.
- Continuously be up to date with current trends
- Develop and maintain timely communication with Scheme and vendors
- Assist Scheme in creation of event proposals and production schedules
- Conduct research on availability, current pricing and offerings of local vendors and venues
- Learn how to consult with vendors
- Learn how to manage wedding rehearsals, ceremonies and receptions
- Be available up to 8 hours on the day of events
- Participate in event set up
- Execute event based off production schedule
- Prepare post event recaps and evaluating key learnings and recommendations
- Attend industry events and represent and promote the brand of Scheme
- General office administration
- Complete a wide range of activities related to wedding planning
- Report your progress to Scheme weekly
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching
- High School Diploma
- Must be 21+ years old
- Posses knowledge of the wedding industry
- Posses knowledge and application of all hospitality standards
- Reliable and able to work weekends
- Ability to work in a physically fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Listening skills
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Crafty, creative and artsy a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills
We ask for dedicated, enthusiastic, passionate and ethical people to apply. If you believe you have what it takes to be a Schemer, we would love to have you apply with us. Please send your resume with references and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to [email protected].
Hey Tara it’s Jessica gettle from silverado. I’m going to update my resume and send it to u tonight. I would love to be considered for the position. I loved planning my wedding and my baby girls first birthday and I’m so interested in learning how you have turned it into a perfession. I’m so interested in learning something new and exciting and I’m a great assistant and a fast learner…ok just wanted to give you a shout out on here I look forward to hearing from you and your team.