For our third stop in our In the Shoes of… series, we headed to Naakiti Floral to talk about all things pretty. Randi Garrett shared some great information on ordering, receiving and creating floral, designing boutonnieres, bouquets and centerpieces and caring for individual flowers. We have learned that Randi’s attention to detail, generosity and professionalism are impeccable. Naakiti Floral is a well ran machine thanks to Randi’s leadership and extremely talented and dedicated staff.
Here are a few tips we took away from our day with Naakiti Floral:
- When you have multiple weddings and events coming out of the studio, checking, double checking and triple checking orders, deliveries and final products are a must. Randi has instilled this in her staff. You can be certain your floral order will be correct with Naakiti Floral.
- Flowers are delivered on Wednesday of each week. Randi checks for color, count and quality of each flower. If the flower is not to her high expectations, she sends it back. Sometimes resulting in contacting multiple wholesalers to find that perfect lavender color hydrangea for your bouquet.
- Floral orders must be finalized two weeks before the event to allow time for ordering or in some cases for flowers to open or bloom, like Cherry Blossoms.
- Randi donates floral left behind after an event to a hospice for someone else to enjoy. We love Randi because of this!
- Naakiti Floral is full of beautiful structures, chairs, furniture, vases, chandeliers, props and floral. At your next consultation, allow Randi to take you around the warehouse to pick your vase or ceremony arch. It doesn’t get better than seeing exactly what you will get.
Thank you Randi and everyone at Naakiti Floral for taking the time to share your trade with us. We learned that floral design can’t be taught. It’s truly a talent and Randi has it. For more information on Naakiti Floral visit www.naakitifloral.com.
Hey guys I had fun teaching you guys everything we do. Next time you can come set up an event with us and see how that works but make sure you have your sneakers and muscles for that lol…