Weddings are a time for celebration, joy, and love. But what if your wedding could also make a positive impact on the world around you? With a few thoughtful choices and a little bit of planning, you can have a charitable wedding that benefits both your community and the environment. If you’re planning a wedding in Las Vegas, there are several ways you can have a charitable wedding.
1) Let your wedding planner know this is something that is important to you. Scheme Events values charitable giving very much. We can offer ideas and make suggestions on ways to donate to local non-profits and reuse items from your wedding. Reach out and tell us your ideas for your wedding.
2) Donate your flowers. Companies like Petals of Hope can work with you to repurpose your wedding flowers into arrangements for hospitals, homeless shelters and more. They also will compost flowers that are unusable.
3) Ask your wedding venue what they do with the unserved food after your wedding. Many large venues here in Las Vegas have a program set up with a local food bank who receives the unserved food from various events. This offers comfort in knowing your wedding isn’t wasting food and also helping to support the local community.
4) If preserving your wedding gown isn’t something you plan on doing, consider donating it. Organizations like Adorned in Grace resells donated gowns and accessories and uses proceeds to prevent sex trafficking and help sex trafficking victims.
5) Consider making a donation to a non-profit organization in lieu of traditional wedding favors by choosing an organization that aligns with your values. You can let your guests know about the donation in a card or note at their place setting. Vow for Girls is our favorite.
Having a charitable wedding is a way to make a positive impact on the world and create a memorable event that benefits your community.. Whether you’re getting married in Las Vegas or anywhere else, there are many ways to make your wedding more charitable and meaningful. Schedule a consultation call with us here! Scheme Events love to hear your charitable wedding ideas.